- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
At Rīga Conference, Linkevičius calls for continued support to Ukraine
On 29 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius attended the annual Rīga Conference, where took part in a discussion on the situation in Ukraine and the country’s future.
“Ukraine’s success will be our success, while the defeat will both drown Ukraine and will divide us. Therefore, the only effective strategy is to strengthen political and economic support for Ukraine,” said Linkevičius. The discussion was attended by the Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin, who urged to offer Ukraine a European perspective, which would give additional impetus to economic reforms and the democratic process.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister stressed that Europe and the West must act unitedly and firmly. “We need to speak with one voice in order to fully implement the Minsk agreements, to end Russia’s annexation of Crimea and destructive activities in eastern Ukraine,” said the head of Lithuania’s diplomacy.
The Rīga Conference allows politicians, experts, and representatives of non-governmental organizations to discuss the most important issues in international politics.