- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
In Luxembourg, EU Foreign Ministers discuss issues related to digital Europe, migration and independent media
On 17 October, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius participated in the EU’s General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Luxembourg, which finalised preparations for the upcoming European Council on 19-20 October. EU Foreign Ministers also exchanged opinions on media pluralism and the rule of law in the digital age.
Zananavičius emphasized the need to create one safe and secure cyberspace in Europe, to increase the resilience of the EU, strengthen prevention and response to potential cyber threats. “New defence initiatives must contribute to ensuring cyber security, strengthen European security and defence, and contribute to transatlantic solidarity and a stronger partnership between NATO and the EU,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister.
He also highlighted the importance of independent media for securing democracy and the rule of law, the need to combat the spread of illegal and false information, and to increase EU strategic communication capacity.
For more information, please read here.