- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Linas Linkevičius, “Our main goal is synchronisation of our electric systems with those of continental Europe”
In his introductory remarks addressing the annual Energy Forum in Vilnius on 7 November, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, underlined that, “Lithuania aspires to full-fledged integration into the internal energy market of the EU and synchronisation of the electric systems of the Baltic States with the networks of continental Europe remains a fundamental strategic step to be taken”.
The Minister noted that geopolitical challenges spurred the EU to take the initiative in strengthening energy security throughout the EU by setting ambitious objectives and financial instruments for the Energy Union.
The Minister also stressed that after the Klaipėda NLG terminal had been constructed, the monopoly of Gazprom was eliminated, however gas continued to be used for geopolitical purposes, which was proved by the NordStream 2 project. Another geopolitical endeavour was unsafe development of the Astravyets Nuclear Power Plant project therefore the threats it posed should be duly assessed.