- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
Linkevičius and former president of the EU Parliament Pat Cox discuss reforms in Ukraine
On 8 December, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with Pat Cox, the Head of the European Parliament’s Needs Assessment Mission to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. The Needs Assessment Mission has drafted recommendations on improving the efficiency of the work of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and on aligning legislation with the EU.
Pat Cox served as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP), and as the President of the European Parliament from 2002 to 2004.
Linas Linkevičius and Pat Cox discussed the political situation in Ukraine, and the ongoing reforms in the country.
“Special attention is given to Ukraine’s judicial reform and its efforts to fight the corruption. Only through making anti-corruption agencies independent can we achieve real results,” said Linkevičius.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister and the former MEP also exchanged views on the most important global and European foreign policy issues.