- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Linkevičius supported Macedonia’s aspirations to EU and NATO membership
On 3 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia Nikola Dimitrov, who is visiting Lithuania. The two Foreign Ministers discussed the possibility of strengthening bilateral cooperation, Macedonia’s aspirations to EU and NATO membership, the situation in the Western Balkans, issues related to regional security and cooperation.
Linkevičius welcomed the new Macedonian government’s commitment to implement urgent reform priorities and to improve relations with its neighbours.
“I believe your efforts will bring about a positive outcome and that the country will take further steps towards its integration into the EU and NATO. You can rely on Lithuania’s support along this path,” said Linkevičius.
Macedonia has been an EU candidate country since 2005. In 2016, the European Commission expressed its readiness to recommend the opening of accession negotiations, if progress could be made and immediate reforms were implemented.