- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Linkevičius welcomes participants of Crimean Tatar Days in Lithuania
On 29 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius welcomed the participants of the ongoing international conference ‘Crimean Tatars after three years of the occupation of Crimea: the current situation and international community’s further response strategy’ at the Seimas (Parliament) of Lithuania.
“Lithuania and the international community condemn the illegal annexation of Crimea. Lithuanian diplomats regularly raise the issue with international organizations and in meetings. We must fill the policy of non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea with specific content. For this blatant violation of international law, Russia has to bear the diplomatic, political and financial consequences,” stated Lithuania’s Foreign Minister in his speech.
The conference is the key event of the Crimean Tatar Days in Lithuania. It focuses on the consequences of the annexation of Crimea for the Crimean Tatar people. The participants are discussing the international community’s response to serious human rights abuses in Crimea.
During the Crimean Tatar Days, there will also be a concert of the Crimean Tatar music concert taking place at Vilnius City Hall. The exhibition ‘Remember’ of paintings by the Crimean Tatar painter Rustem Eminov will run at the Seimas as well as other events will be held.
2017 marks the 620th anniversary of the arrival of Crimean Tatars in the territory of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The Lithuanian Tatar community together with Lithuanian institutions invite the public to celebrate this anniversary and organize the Crimean Tatar Days, historical conferences, exhibitions, concerts, and other events throughout the year.