- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations with Egyptian officials
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending an international high-level trade policy conference “Global Trade – what is in it for us?” at the National Gallery of Art
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing a meeting of the European Committee under the Government of Lithuania
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
U.S.A. and Germany join Vilnius-based NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence
On 10 October in Vilnius, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius participated in a flag-raising ceremony at the NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence. The centre that celebrates its 5th anniversary was joined by the United States of America and Germany.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister stressed that the joining by the United States of America and Germany would undoubtedly boost the centre’s capacities and would provide an opportunity to respond even more effectively to energy security challenges.
“It is clear that the words said by the then NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the inauguration ceremony of the centre that the Vilnius-based NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence was established in a timely manner and in an appropriate place are also important today,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister.
Lithuania together with other members of the centre will continue organising training activities and exercises in the field of energy security, improving the protection of the critical energy infrastructure and energy efficiency, while the expanded NATO team in Vilnius will ensure a high level of expertise to meet the needs of the Alliance and allies in the area of energy security.