- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
Vilnius Russia Forum to be held on 18 and 19 May
The fourth Vilnius Russia Forum will be held in Vilnius on 18-19 May. It is expected that more than 100 politicians, civil society representatives, human rights defenders, academicians, journalists from Russia, Lithuania and other Western countries will attend the event.
The annual event discusses topical issues of Russia’s domestic and foreign policy, the human rights situation, Russia’s relations with the West, as well as prospects for these relations. Moreover, there are discussions held about development trends in Russia, the economic situation, the fight against Russian propaganda, and other relevant issues.
This year, the event will mainly focus on moods of the Russian population and their potential changes before the 2018 Russian presidential election, and on other processes concerning this election. Furthermore, there will also be an exchange of views on how to strengthen relations with the people of Russia, who speak up in favour of an open, democratic and European Russia. Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Vladimir Kara-Murza, Zhanna Nemtsova, Mikhail Kasyanov, Ilya Yashin and others are among the participants of the event.
Vilnius Russia Forum is co-organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, the Vilnius-based Eastern Europe Studies Centre, and the International Elections Study Centre.
Vilnius Russia Forum has been held annually since 2013.
Media Alert: You are welcome to participate in a press conference, which will be held after Vilnius Russia Forum on 19 May, 2.30 p.m., at IDW Esperanza Resort. Please, register on our website until 9 a.m., 18 May. You will be required to provide the journalists’ names and license plates (in the Comment field). Journalists who will fail to register before the deadline will not be granted access to the event.
Journalists wishing to interview the participants of the event will be given the opportunity to arrive to the hotel earlier (around noon). Please, write us at [email protected] about your requests until 3 p.m., 17 May.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania notes that it cannot ensure that the guests of the event will agree to give press interviews.